Saturday, August 4, 2012

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Type Hype

I decided to play along with this week's Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger mostly because the image/color combination scared me a little.  Okay, it scared me a lot.  Mostly because the typewriter image almost seems too retro for the color combination and the modern font on the typewriter keys.  Also, I love the colors, but I may not have put them together on my own - at least not with black.  I was challenged, but I had fun with this card.

Here is the inspiration photo:



And here is my entry:



I tried to depict retro with the distressed license plate and the aged news print strips.  The modern touch comes from the clear embossed flourishes on the dark card base, and the text message phraseology.  I hope you enjoy!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Great job interpreting the 'Retro' look in your very cool card creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card, and very original!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete